As a PTA we have 3 main objectives:
- Re-enforcing our school community spirit with events like the Christmas and Summer Fairs and taking part in Molesey Carnival. We also arrange social nights for parents to get together with previous events including The School Ball, Quiz Nights, Comedy Nights, Race Nights and Shop & Relax.
- Adding a ‘little extra’ to our children’s school experience by organising visits from Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny, as well as putting on events such as The Halloween Disco and Film Club
- Raising money to pay for school equipment. In the last few years school funding has been cut in real terms so the money raised by the PTA is vital to pay for new equipment.
The PTA are proud that through the generosity of parents, local businesses and sponsorship from Newton Huxley, in the last few years last year we were able to contribute to the school by paying for:
- Refurbishment to the main school
- Mathematics learning resources
- Reading books
- Sensory equipment to aid learning in Reception
- Storage cabinets and library furniture
- Playground equipment
- Subscriptions to online learning resources
- Scooter/Bike Training
- Recorders for Y2
There is never a shortage of requests for new equipment, all things that benefit the children at The Orchard, so our fundraising efforts continue. For the PTA to be a success we need parents to be involved. How can you help?
- Please volunteer at events, whether to set up, clear up or man a stall for an hour.
- Contribute to the Christmas and Summer Fairs; bottle and chocolates on the mufti days, lucky jars and 2nd hand good are also important. Can you help with other donations and prizes, or put us in touch with people that can?
- Bake cakes for the cake sales and bring a donation to buy some! All money raised from cake sales is given directly to the teachers of that year to buy resources for their classrooms.
- Come to the PTA meetings, we welcome fresh ideas and want everyone to feel involved.
- Have a charity fund at work? Then please put us forward.