Welcome to The Orchard...
The Orchard is a very happy, innovative and stimulating learning environment for children aged four to seven years old. As an Infant School we offer Specialist Early Years Provision and ensure the children develop the skills and knowledge they can use and apply in all their learning now and in the future.
We foster children’s independence and confidence so that all our children are able to say ”I can do this”, enjoy their learning and the success they achieve!
We aim to inspire success through our teaching, our curriculum, our relationships and our environment. All these aspects of our school are underpinned by three core values: Courage, Determination and Respect.
We want the children to gain the confidence to try new things and respond positively to challenge. We want them to know the importance of effort and resilience and we want the children to know that each person is valued and deserves respect at The Orchard.
If you are a prospective parent we invite you to one of our Open Mornings, usually held on a Tuesday Morning at 9.30 am. Please contact the office: 020 8979 2945 to arrange an appointment. We look forward to welcoming you to our school.
Click here to see our full school prospectus
We want our school to be a centre of excellence for learning - for children and adults and our wider community. We want to create a school where:
- Children are safe, happy and healthy
- Children make outstanding progress and are confident, independent, enthusiastic and determined learners
- Staff are inspirational practitioners, able and enthusiastic to learn from and develop others
- Everyone shows respect and consideration for other people
We want our school to be a rich, exciting and fun environment which is underpinned by these important characteristics:
- Creating and thinking critically: Problem solving – using and applying skills
- Confidence to take risks and to be independent
- Responsibility, Resilience, Resourcefulness, Reflection, Reasoning, Respect
- Exploring, Playing
- Active learning
- Tolerance and respect for others, their ideas and opinions
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Tenacious - wanting the best for every child, every lesson, every day
- Engaging and Inspiring
- Analytical and reflective assessment: rigorous and influences every lesson
- Challenging - underpinned by high expectations
- High Quality Interaction - questioning and feedback which guides next steps, praises effort
- Excellent relationships underpinned by care and respect
- Rich Language and learning environment
- Consistent - underpinned by a clear, well communicated vision
- Rigorous - analytical, informed by high expectations and determination to achieve
the best for every child
- Relevant - based on thorough knowledge of the school, its children, families and staff, current research, social and political climate
- Exemplary - excellent role models to ensure consistency and clarity
- Reflective on own practice - proactive in seeking professional development
- Empathetic to others’ needs, concerns, priorities
- Seek Solutions or Guidance
- Polite to children, staff, governors, visitors
- Enthusiastic “can do” approach and positive in the face of adversity and change!
- Communication which is clear, effective: good listening, maintaining confidentiality
- Teamwork - sharing planning, ideas, resources; flexible, approachable, sense of humour